Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello Again

Sorry folks. Guess I got caught up in the holidays and forgot I had a blog to keep up. We have had a wonderful holiday season in our neck of the woods. But thats not what i want to talk about today. Health. More importantly my health. I have always been bigger. Bigger then friends and family. And since I've had my daughter bigger then some livestock. I avoid mirrors. I hide in maternity clothes I no longer have an excuse to wear. But having a daughter is making me think. Not only do I want her to see me at my best. Kids can be unintentionally cruel. I remember a friend in 2nd grade getting teased because her mother was overweight. Kids tease eachother for everything and I will be damned if I give them more ammunition against my perfect little angel. Plus reaching a healthy weight might mean a couple more years with my loved ones. I want to be the mother chasing her kids at the park, playing tag, helping her train for volleyball. Not the fat mother eating hotdogs on the bleachers. So for the last six weeks I have been trying to eat healthier. And working out. Almost everyday I have been doing some sort of exercise while Bug sleeps. It's been hard. I've made every excuse not to but still I am doing it. And its working! As of this week I have lost a little over 10% of my body weight. I've lowered my bmi by four points. I have lost three dress sizes. And I feel amazing. My back and hips which used to ache everyday all day hardly hurt at all. And I have all this energy. Plus my attitude about the whole daily torture is improving. My workouts are becoming more intense. I'm challenging myself in ways I never imagined i would. I'm even planning to walk a 10k with my Bug on my back in may. This isn't easy. It's a daily struggle but looking at my daughter gives me strength. What I started on her behalf I continue now for me. I don't wanna be a fat Momma. At least this is what I repeat to myself while I think I might die doing my daily p90x.

No comments:

Post a Comment